You don’t need the Nike motion sensor because we use the device’s in-built accelerometer to track your physical activity.
You can totally play Zombies, Run! while walking!
On iOS, you have the ability to increase the run length from 30 minutes to 1 hour, by increasing the number of songs that play between story clips – and we’ll be bring this to Android as well in the future. However, once you’ve finished a mission, you automatically switch into ‘radio mode’ where you get receiving transmissions from the in-game radio station, so even though the mission has finished, you’re still getting story!
And yes, you can run the game at the same time as Nike+ and Runkeeper!
You don’t need any kind of cellular data to play Zombies, Run! – and since GPS doesn’t require a data connection, you’ll still be able to track your runs as well! You might want to connect to wifi occasionally to sync your data with the web though.
You’ve just returned from a tough mission as Runner 5 – you’ve evaded zombies, collected supplies, saved lives – dammit, you deserve some recognition from your friends on Facebook and Twitter!
Up to now, you’ve had to manually share runs to Facebook and Twitter, either from within the app or on ZombieLink. Those dark days end today, because ZombieLink users can now connect their Facebook and Twitter accounts to enable automatic sharing!
Just visit the ‘Account’ tab in the header and follow the instructions in the ‘Facebook & Twitter’ section.
Even better, we’ve fully integrated with Facebook so that publicly shared runs and maps will show up directly on your profile and within our Zombies, Run! Facebook app – check it out:
Automatic sharing requires:
- Version 1.3+ on iOS and 1.0+ on Android
- A ZombieLink account with connected Facebook and/or Twitter accounts
- Your run and/or maps marked as ‘Shared’ on your Run Complete screen (iOS) or in the Settings tab (Android)
We know that the native music player works on Android 2.3, but on 4.0 (ICS) the only available music player is ‘Play Music’, which doesn’t seem to work – so, Your Mileage May Vary! We know for certain that WinAmp works for everyone, and it may well be that other players will also work.
We just released a 1.0.1 update to our Android app which contains some nice little improvements including:
- ‘Audio ducking’ to reduce music volume while game audio is playing
- New Sharing options in the Settings tab to automatically share runs on ZombieLink and beyond
- Many minor crashes fixed
If you were quick enough to download our 1.0 update last night, which also contained these improvements, you’ll have unfortunately experienced a major bug where the game crashed on startup.
As soon as we started receiving reports, we rushed out this 1.0.1 update that fixed the crashing problem; mad props to lead dev Alex Macmillan for going beyond the call of duty to keep everyone running happy!
We’re also hard at work on our 1.4 update for iOS which has lots of new features and content we know you’ll love, so if you’re feeling neglected… don’t be!
Finally, stay tuned for an update later today about Facebook and Twitter sharing…!
We’ll be announcing more social features very soon, and we’re definitely thinking about helping people find friends.
Also – have you seen the weather in London lately?! 😉
There’ll definitely be a Season 2 to Zombies, Run!, but it’s too early for us to say when it’ll be released because there’s so much we want to do for it. However, even before Season 2 we plan to release a lot of new missions and features (both free and paid)!
We sneaked out a 0.9.3 Android update on Friday, so in case you haven’t seen or downloaded it, here are some of the goodies it holds within:
- Radio Abel! Keep hearing about these mysterious ‘Jack’ and ‘Eugene’ characters? Wonder no more: if you keep running after a mission ends, the game will automatically shift into radio mode and you’ll hear transmissions from the fine folks at Radio Abel.
- New players will see a tutorial to introduce the game
- Your music tracks will be synced to, and viewable from, ZombieLink
And as ever, there are some important bug fixes including:
- UI: Mission 5 will now show as completed
- Shuffle: *All* tracks in your playlist are shuffled
- GPS: We start getting a fix before the mission begins to improve speed and accuracy
- Various fixes for keyboard phones
And naturally, there’s more to come in the future, including seven Supply Missions, mission logs on the device, and accelerometer mode!
So if you have Zombies, Run! on your Android, update it now – and if you don’t… well, humanity isn’t going to save itself!