The holiday season is coming to an end in the UK, and the long slog through the rest of winter begins. It’s a time for reflecting on the old year, and looking forward to the new. We have plenty of new things planned for the next year at Six to Start, with a new season of Zombies, Run! content on the horizon, more of our New Adventures, and our tenth (10th!!!) Virtual Race, which is looking to be more exciting than ever, and includes a few new ideas and features that we’re excited to announce closer to the time.
Before that though, there’s our newest New Adventure coming this month. Rule Britannia will take you on a daring mission through Roman-occupied Britain, on a quest to stop more violence and bring peace to the land! We’ll be releasing one mission a day from Friday 3rd January. Don’t miss out!
And if the winter gloom is getting you down, why not try one of our New Year mini-challenges? New Year’s resolutions can be great, but they can also be something that leaves you feeling like a failure if your plan to run two marathons a month, overhaul your entire wardrobe, and become a Hollywood superstar, don’t pay off.
So here’s our suggestions for some very achievable challenges that might brighten the next few months up!
- Read a book by an author you’ve never read before
- Try a new hobby. Even if you don’t like it, you’ve gained more knowledge and tried something new!
- Finish that season of Zombies, Run! you’re on before Season 9 comes out. Run, walk, cycle, clean the house to a mission, it doesn’t matter!
- Play the shortest game on your Steam account. We too know the perils of the Summer Sale.
- Draw something or write something, even if you’re terrible at it. Creating something can really give you a feeling of accomplishment.
- Move more slowly! Take the time to slow down and appreciate your surroundings. Unless you’re being chased by zombies, in which case ignore this suggestion.
- Try one of our New Adventures! Become an astronaut, walk the streets of Victorian London, or join an expedition across the USA!
- Attend a free class or event at your local library or community centre
- Buy some new socks so you can finally throw out the ones with holes in them. You know which ones I mean.
- Try a new kind of fruit or vegetable
- Give your running water bottle a good clean out and sterilise it, ready for the running season.
- Create a new playlist on your phone!
- Explore a new route for your next Zombies, Run! mission
Whatever you decide to try, all of us at Six to Start wish you the best for the New Year!