Rhys Jennings and Nathan Nolan in their first Zombies, Run! recording session. Fancy joining them?
To celebrate our upcoming 2 million downloads milestone, we want to hear all about your experiences with Zombies, Run!
Simply record yourself answering the questions below and send them to matt at sixtostart.com in the audio format of your choice. You don’t have to answer all the questions, and you can say as much or as little as you like. For the best chance of your audio being featured, check out the audio recording tips below.
Please also read the important details at the bottom of this post before submitting.
Questions, recording tips and more beneath the readmore!
1) Introduce yourself! Say hello, tell us your name (whatever name you like) and give us one vital statistic about your time with Zombies, Run! – How many missions have you completed? How much distance have you covered? How long have you been playing?
“Hi, I’m Matt and I’ve run 243km with Zombies, Run!”
2) Do your best “Raise the gates!” impression.
3) If you had to sell Zombies, Run! to a friend in thirty seconds, how would you do it?
“It’s an awesome audio adventure story that puts you in a Zombie Apocalypse where you’re surrounded by characters you’ll fall in love with while you go on thrilling adventures!”
4) Tell us a little bit about your first time running with Zombies, Run!
5) What personal fitness goals have you achieved using Zombies, Run! ?
6) What’s your favourite line from Zombies, Run! ?
7) Which Zombies, Run! character do you most relate to and why?
“I really relate to Runner Four because she gets scared and finds things hard, but she always does things anyway.”
8) What’s your favourite song to run to?
9) Tell us something about your Runner Five.
“My Runner Five used to be a minor league baseball player who moved over to the UK to teach gym at a private school. That means he swings a mean baseball bat and can always take down a zom!”
10) Tell us your favourite Zombies, Run! Headcanon (the thing you imagine about the Zombies, Run! world or characters that isn’t officially part of the story).
“I think Janine’s Farmhouse has a big stone oven in it that doesn’t work anymore (they don’t have the fuel), but she uses it to store all her favourite books so Sam doesn’t take them.”
Here are some top tips for getting good, clean recordings with the equipment you have to hand:
- Try to record in a quiet place where we won’t hear any background noise. If there’s a room in your house that doesn’t face the street, or a closet with lots of clothes in, that’s your spot!
- Try to record in a smaller place which doesn’t have many hard surfaces in. Bathrooms are a no-no, as are big open living rooms. If you have a room with lots of soft furnishings, that’s your spot!
- Try to “close off” the sound around your microphone. If you can get yourself under a duvet with your microphone / laptop / phone, that’s your spot!
- Try to speak evenly and clearly. Don’t shout. If you can, do a test recording of yourself speaking at a normal level, then listen back to it. If you sound too quiet, try moving the microphone closer rather than speaking louder. If you hear your voice distort or break up, moving the microphone a little further away or speaking more quietly.
- Have fun! Don’t worry about sounding silly or going on too long – we’ll edit the audio to make sure you sound great. Let us worry about that. We just want to hear you expressing yourself and having a good time telling us all about your experiences with Zombies, Run!
- Answer as many or as few of the questions as you wish, in whatever order you like. Have fun!
- We can’t guarantee that we’ll use everyone’s submissions, but we’ll definitely be listening to them all!
- We will be editing your submissions to fit into the completed piece and to make everyone sound as good as possible – by submitting your audio to us you agree to us doing so.
- By submitting a clip to us for this project, you agree to assign all copyright and ownership rights to Six to Start, so that we can make use of it as we see fit.
- Submit your completed recordings by email to matt at sixtostart.com in the audio format of your choice. Please include a note to let us know how you’d like to be credited should we choose to feature you. This doesn’t need to be your legal name, just however you want to be recognised.
- Submissions will close at 22:30 BST (21:30 UTC) on Sunday 20th September 2015. Any submissions received after this date will be deleted unopened.
It’s that time again – new Season Four Missions!
In the UK today, all the big news is about Queen Elizabeth II becoming the longest reigning monarch in British history. We’ve been the longest running audio fitness adventure for a while, but we’re not bragging (ok, maybe a little).
Anyway, your missions this week:
S4M30: “We Are Golden”
As usual, if you have a Pro Membership, you can download both missions right now! Otherwise, you can use your weekly free unlock to get either mission.
We always love hearing your thoughts on these missions – do get in touch on Twitter (@zombiesrungame) or in the comments here.
Thanks to everyone who has already entered the very first ZR Virtual Race! We’ve been overwhelmed by the demand – the first batch of 1500 entries has now sold out!
If you didn’t manage to sign up yet, never fear – we’re hoping to make some more entries available very soon. Make sure that you sign up to the waiting list, and we’ll let you know as soon as the second wave goes on sale!
Enter your email address
What was in the CDC Box you collected from hospital in Jolly Alpha Five Niner? Who is Netrophil? Why do Jack and Eugene need garden tools? Now Android users can find out, with the triumphant return of the Codex in our latest 4.1.7 update!
Running is more fun together — from 5ks to ultramarathons, the community spirit in a race is an incredible motivator. There’s no better community than the runners of Abel Township, so we’re making it happen!
That’s right, we’ll be staging the first ever Zombies, Run! Virtual Race from 24th October to 1st November – and entries have now begun!
What’s the deal?
The Virtual Race takes place in a location and time of your choice. You can walk, jog or run wherever you may be, and at any time during the race week, for a 5k or a 10k distance.
It’ll be an awesome way for all Runner 5s around the world to run as a community, and get exclusive real-world awards!
Enter the race today and you’ll get all of this radness:
- The luxurious physical Race Pack, featuring a beautiful medal, running bib, towel, and other exciting goodies sent to you
- An EXCLUSIVE NEW MISSION written by co-creator & lead writer Naomi Alderman, and available in 5k and 10k versions
- Access to a private moderated forum to chat with your fellow runners (including us!)
- The chance to submit your run to our global leaderboard (for eternal cred & bragging rights)
Entry costs $40 (+$5 worldwide shipping), and Pro Members get a $5 discount!
Be quick – there are only
1500 500 places remaining, so join up now to avoid missing out!
How to enter
Just open the Zombies, Run! app and view the Virtual Race news post! If you can’t see it, please restart your device, which will make sure that the news posts are up to date.
We look forward to running with you all this October!
New Missions time again! As usual, we have two great new missions from Season Four ready to download and enjoy:
S4M27: “Hit Me Baby One More Time”
S4M28: “Honey Honey”
If you’re a Pro Member, you can download both of these missions right now! Free and Legacy members can unlock either one with their free weekly unlock.
We love hearing what you think of these missions – drop us a line on Twitter (@zombiesrungame) or here in the comments.